Nokia Maps 3.0
Nokia and Innovation are two sides of the same coin and there is a reason why! Nokia have proven themselves again and again exactly why they are the best in developing and implementing new & advanced mobile technology. Nokia’s good tendency about releasing the latest versions almost regularly for Nokia PcSuite or the Nokia Firmware Software Updater but major releases continues even to date with all their softwares. However the most buzzed up software of Nokia at present times has to be the GPS (Global Positioning System) focused software called Nokia Maps. I have already reviewed Nokia Maps version 2 twice in earlier posts of the blog and will not go into the strict details in this one. However, I am outlining the most basic changes and upgrades for version 3 of Nokia Maps below!
With Nokia’s sharing space utilizing under and as OVI we always did expect that the newer versions of Nokia Maps or Nokia Maps 3.00 will have a much closer integration with OVI Suite for maximum feature enhancement, and so it is! Beside a tighter integration with Nokia OVI maps you can now easily synchronize the mobile phone favorites and my places menu. All in all, to me this advanced GPS SatNav tracker with 3D and 2D map views, easy and automatic position marking, synchronization are some of the more important features of Nokia Maps 3.
Nokia Maps version 3 for S60 3rd, 4th and 5th edition smartphones have introduced several new functions like:
- Automatic GPS positioning during the application start up. In case it does not find a validated position it will automatically switch back to manual mode so that you can easily set it up like in the previous version.
- Nokia has finally upgraded and implemented 360 degree zoom view for any recognizable 3D landmarks. The camera views of Nokia Maps 3 can be easily controlled by the 4 (left) 6 (right) and 5 (straight up northbound).
- Easy integration of the views in tilt mode, thus providing you with even more detailed views on any 3D or 2D maps.
- A complete implementation of the 2D and 3D views for the maps, terrain and satellite GPS navigation.
- A little change in the “here and there” things like GPS navigation history, favorites menu etc.
- The highly popular ‘My Places’ now also includes a built in ‘Help’ feature which can easily Point you to the right directions during navigation.
- Bug fixes of numerous amount on this version of Nokia Maps.
Check out this video demo of Nokia Maps 3 found on you tube:
Nokia Maps version 3 is compatible with Nokia E71, E66, 6110 Navigator, N95, N95 8gb, N82, N85, N96, 5800 Xpress Music, N97, N80, N79, 6650, 6210 Navigator, 6220 Classic, 6120, N78 etc. and any other Nokia Symbian S60 Os 9 N-Series and E-Series mobile phones. Nokia Maps 3 also requires you to have Nokia PcSuite installed, Nokia OVI Suite (Recommended) and Maps Loader 3.0.
Please do subscribe to the RSS Feed before downloading this fantastic new version of Nokia Maps 3! Cheers and please share your experiences 🙂