LCG Smartmovie 4 | Mobile Media Player
With this post I officially want to announce that I am back and will be posting every now and then to fulfill the promise I once made: best mobile content for your smartphones and Nokia mobiles reside in Nokia Symbian Themes by Chaos Inc. Smartmovie have updated their old version at last and now have integrated one of the most needed feature for its class, the flash or FLV files compatibility.
With this new and latest version of Smartmovie for Nokia symbian powered feature pack 1, 2, 3 and 5 Lonely Cat Games (LCG) has take the mobile media entertainment to a new level. The earlier version of Smartmovie (that I already published), specially the desktop/laptop based converter that came with it, had serious flaws when being installed on a Vista or Mac computer and also it was bloody slow to boot or bang if you know what I mean.
In recent times the codec format of Directshow technology have been making the buzz in the media business and while it took a while for LCG to rectify themselves but well, at least their latest release Smartmovie 4.15 have the door open for that development and video playback. With Smartmovie installed on your mobile phone you will able to watch your favorite movies on the go!!
To welcome this change and enjoy it there is a very simple 5 steps that you have to perform. When you finishing achieving all the five steps you will be able to enjoy those high quality anamorphic dvd movies with (without) subtitles on your handsets. The steps are:
- Step number uno: Simply acquire the DVD movie on your desktop’s hard disk so that you can easily get the converter to do its magic. This takes us to step two!
- Step two: This involves you first installing the converter which is meant for your laptop and convert the DVD video with or without the subtitles. In my opinion subtitles are not really required as in most times you will enjoy your movies on your Nokia mobile phones over your USB or A2DP bluetooth headphones and you can be sure that audio clarity is not something to cry about.
- Step Three: The PC converter will convert the video to mobile friendly, small screen version which can then be easily transferred to your smartphones or mobile phones.
- Step Four: Simply transfer your mobile video files on your handsets so that Smartmovie, that is installed on your cell phones, can play it.
- Step Five: Are you done with all the four parts above? Time to dim the lights, put on your DTS headphone and enjoy your movie!!
Check out some simple video shots below:
Download this Nokia application for your Nokia N-Series and E-Series smartphones. This Nokia application is meant to be played on Nokia N91, N96, N93, N92, N95, N96, N97, N95, N96, N81, N82, N85, N80, N79, N78, N77, N76, N75, N73, N71, 6290, 6120, 6121, E51, E50, E60, E62, E61, E65, E71, E66, E70, 5800 Xpress Music, 5700, 5710, 5500, E90 etc and more.
You can also be a little more adventurous and try the even latest version of this app. This newer version should work on 90% of the mobile phones including yours so give it a try! If the version found below does not work then try the version above: 4.1 and it will definitely work. Lastly, thanks to your valued feedback regarding the password error on the previous installer – it was my mistake – and on 3rd January 2010 (after both Jineth and Ranish’s feedback) I have again updated the version below with a more recent version of the Signed SISX version of Smartmovie and removed the password completely.
Also, please do share us about your experience with this great multimedia converter-player for your S60 smartphones. You are once again, requested to subscribe to the FREE RSS feed before downloading any of these fine applications on your Nokia devices.